We took the boys to the fair this year, because well...there ain't nothin like fair food! Our first stop (well..after I had a big juicy hamburger) was the petting zoo. They had the cutest little goats and alpacas. I wanted to bring one of the alpacas home, but Jason insisted our yard wasn't big enough. Dang it!
Ethan loved petting the goats.

Ethan loved petting the goats.
I noticed as we approached the petting zoo that they of course had an emu just wandering around inside, which is something I'll never understand. Those of you that know me at all know I have a substantial fear of birds (ironic I know). As we entered I kept my eye on the thing while the boys were petting the other animals, but somehow I got distracted and lost eye sight of the emu. I stood up from helping Ethan with a goat and turned my head and the freaking bird was right behind me. We were eye to eye. I panicked, burst into tears, picked up Ethan (because of course it was after my baby!) and got away to the far side of the enclosure. Yeah, laugh now, it was horrifying! After I stopped shaking and stopped crying we finished making our rounds to the other animals.
As I mentioned, we went to the fair for the food. And what is trip to the consession stand is complete without cotton candy. Nice face Jase!
We also had fried corn dogs, hamburgers, fried mushrooms, fried Oreo's and my personal favorite chocolate covered bacon. Oh yeah it was sooooo good!
No comments:
Post a Comment