Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Camptastic!

We set out for one last weekend get away before fall really sets in. I placed the one minority vote for spa treatmens all around, but was adamantly rebuffed by the majority. Camping it was. We had the old trailblazer loaded down.....for one night!

First things first....collect fire wood. The boys were all over this one!

At this moment the phrase "Karmic Retribution" clicked into place. Kaden was determined to start a fire with two rocks. Jase quickly followed suit. Jason sooooo deserves a couple of little pyromaniacs!

Oh!!! Who knew they could play nicely together?!

Ethan as a happy camper. Nice!
Dinner was a momentous event. I haven't been praised for any meal I've ever prepared more than I was for this one. The menu....hot dogs, Doritos, fruit snacks & Capri Sun.

Open wide!!

Ethan was enthralled by the tent. It was a whole new experience for him. I unfortunately did not share his enthusiasm.

Jase used his plastic cutlery to dig in the dirt. What a boy!


The fire was mesmerizing.


What camping trip is complete without S'mores? Seriously....I don't think you can call it a camping trip without them. Pretty sure that's in the rule book. I prefer my mallows charred and extra tasty crispy. I taught Kaden the art of expertly igniting your mallow and when to extinguish the flame. He was a quick learner.


Now that's a camping face I can appreciate. Hurray for S'mores!!!

Jase loved climbing on the trees and rocks. He's so cute.
Ok, this picture is a little crazy. I was surprised it even worked so I had to post it.

We made it through the night. The day started off nice and early....6 a.m. Holy crap I'm not a morning person. Good thing all my boys are. Ethan patiently waited while Jason prepared our breakfast.The boys went for a little nature walk. Kaden insisted it was hike and I wasn't about to disagree. He was so sweet helping Ethan.
They were so proud of their "hike" they had to take me on it. Good thing I had done Borah the previous weekend to get in shape for this experience!
It was windy and pretty chilly by the lake. But the boys loved the water.
Oh it took about 5 minutes before Kaden was in the water. He just kept inching his way further and further out into it. He assured me he wasn't cold at all. Uh huh!Ethan was loving the lake too. He looked a little worse for wear here. Although he slept pretty well, his day quickly went down hill. Down by the lake he got into something that caused his little face to erupt into a rash. We went back to camp and I noticed he had an equally distressing rash on "other" parts of his body. While Jason was finishing cleaning up camp Ethan stood on the end of sleeping bag that was draped over the hood of the car. Jason didn't know he was on it and he pulled the bag off and sent Ethan flying! At that point I said Enough! We finished packing up and were on the road home by 10:30. Nice.
And trust me it was not a moment too soon. Ethan was passed out within minutes! Check out that nasty little rash. Poor kid. Camping is hard!!
So....I may have been a little over it myself.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! Fun! Fun! What an adventure with all your boys. It looks like you had a good time. Super cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete