I've been waiting patiently since March for my Poison concert.....and they did not disappoint. It was rad!!! I loved every second of it. The concert consisted of three amazing bands, Cheap Trick, Def Leppard and Poison. They thoroughly rocked my world. I always get a strange look from people (and usually a laugh) when I tell them Poison is my all time favorite band. But I remember being a little girl and seeing their first album cover and thinking they were the prettiest men I had ever seen. And I've loved them ever since. Check 'em out, tell me they are not gorgeous!! Not to mention their music is just incredible. It's really boys being boys.
Honest and without apologies.

I found this classic picture of Poison from the early years. They were the quintessential 80's metal Hair Band. Ohhhhh how I love them! Rikki, Bobbi, Bret and C.C!!
So pretty!

Everyone thinks Bret Michael's is the reason I love Poison. Oh contraire, CC DeVille has always been my favorite. Not only does he have mad skillz on the guitar, but he has hair any girl would kill for. Check out the coif! Imagine all the bottles of Aqua Net he's used over the years. Mercy!! C.C. (ever since my last concert where he sang half of Fallen Angel JUST to me, we have been on a first name basis) always does a solo section during their concerts and he totally blew my mind. It's insane how quickly he can move his fingers along the chords. So amazing.
Ok, ok, so Bret's not so bad either. It was fun to watch all the Rock of Love rejects cruisin' the crowd. hehehe. Oh there was even a Bret Michael's look alike too. He did a pretty good job, Red t-shirt- check, long blonde hair extensions -check, bandana to cover roots of said extentions - check, too tight pants - double check. He had it down. I joke, but Bret is one heck of a performer. During You're Momma Don't Dance he busted out his harmonica and is was totally awesome. Plus the boy's got moves and completely worked the crowd.
Ready to rock!!Unfortunately they didn't allow cameras into the event so I "borrowed" these pictures from the web. Shhhhh don't tell. All in all the concert was phenominal. Cheap Trick was a blast to watch and Def Leppard can really put on a show. I would see them again in a heart beat. So I'm holding my breath until next year to see when and where Poison tours again. Until then.... I raise a toast to all of us, who are breakin our backs everyday. If wantin a good life is such a crime....Lord then put me away!
Yeah, here's to ya!
They never "allow" cameras, you just have to smuggle them!
ReplyDelete