So after years of refusing to climb Borah, I finally got up the nerve to attempt it. All week Jason kept asking me, "So are we still doing Borah?" He was sure I was going to back out. I don't think it was until we summited and he took my picture with the flag that he believed me. Coming into the valley you get a pretty impressive view of Borah. Depending on the angle you are at it doesn't always look like the highest point, because it sits kind of back and away. From the top however, there is no question who the patriarch of the Lost River Range is. Nothing comes close.

At the bottom of this picture you can see where the earthquake of '83 shifted the land raising Borah's summit by 7 feet.

Jason cooked us a very nice meal of wheat pasta and vodka sauce. YUM!!

So there's me carbing up. Ok I don't normally eat with leather gloves on, but my pot was flaming hot!

What can I say? I'm hot!

But not as hot as the HOT chocolate. I'm unsure why Jason insists on heating all water to boiling on his little stove thingy. Check out the vein in my forhead poking out. That stuff was liquid fire!

From base camp you can just see Borah's peak.

We enjoyed a breath taking sunset at camp.

It was nice to relax and just take in the scenery. I was totally excited and yet completely freaked out about what lay ahead.

I was pretty proud of my new boots for the climb I had to show them off. And for all you fashionistas out there, I'll give you a run down of my climbing outfit. Layered tops are always in style so my undershirt was Mountain Hardware, over shirt The NorthFace, pants Columbia, shoes Merrell's with the indispensable Vibram sole, bag Camelback. Later in the hike I pulled out my Bret Michael's inspired bandana as well. I also carried my red Arc'Teryx rain jacket just in case of inclement weather.I know, it's all about labels on the mountain.

All of our gear packed up and ready to go for the morning. My pack was only about 15 pounds or so. I know how to account for at least one of the pounds.....hehehe.

Our posh 5 star sleeping condtions. Oh and this sooooo counts as camping by the way!
No comments:
Post a Comment