Monday, August 24, 2009

The Summit

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...you must do the thing you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
I had always said I would never climb Borah, and I did it! I felt unstoppable as I stood on the summit. I overcame my fears and totally dominated that mountain!

This was Jason's 4th Borah summit. We made it to the top in 4 hours 20 minutes. Not too bad for climbing 5,262 vertical feet in only 3.5 miles. Yeah that's a lot of freakin up!

I was undoubtably the highest hottie in Idaho!

My special summit treat was Peanut Butter M&M's. They were so aaaaamazing!


Jason was in disbelief that I had hauled an entire one pound bag of candy to the top. Of course he's always finding lighter and lighter gear to save "ounces" in his pack. Funk that, if I'm going to the top I'm taking something delicious to reward myself with.
They were sooooo worth the extra weight.

It was pretty chilly on the top at 9:30 in the morning so I had to bandana up. I know I'm totally hard core with my Bret Michael's bandana and my rock hands!

I took the opportunity to sign the summit log. Since I'm a whole lot of woman I had to sign it nice and big! Oh and I totally added a "Hell Yeah!" just for good measure. That was kind of my trip motto if you hadn't noticed.

One last shot of me with that dang Borah flag. Afterall that's the entire reason I hiked up was for photographic proof that I'm not as big a girl as some may think. Of course I also carried my lip gloss to the top too. A fellow climber from Europe thought it was hilarious and took my picture as I reapplied. You know I have to be fabulous no matter where I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment