I'm finally getting Christmas posted. We had a great Christmas this year. As the boys get older Christmas just gets more and more fun. Christmas Eve was full of activity getting ready for Santa.
Kaden and Jase both wanted to write Santa a letter to go with his plate of cookie (reduced fat
Oreo's cuz that's Santa's favorite).

Jase wanted to draw a picture, so he made Santa his specialty, a tornado.
Christmas Eve night is the easiest night of the year to get the kids to stay in bed. They are so excited to get to bed so they can wake up. Plus Santa is really watching that night and they made sure they stayed in their room until 7. Jase was super excited to get a guitar. Rock star!

We tried to impress on the kids the true meaning of Christmas and not focus on gifts. When the boys woke up
Kaden looked under the tree and said, "It's a Christmas miracle." Apparently we had done too good of job with the whole gifts aren't what Christmas is all about.
Kaden was sure he wasn't getting anything.
Ooops.

Kaden was most excited about the table Jason built him in the basement for his train set he got for Christmas the year prior. That is the face of one happy kid!

Ahhhh, see they are grateful!

Ethan finally woke up for Christmas about 10:00 (love that little boy). He received many many many trucks, and he couldn't have been more happy!

More presents!

Ethan was too cute Christmas morning.

Jason's parents got him a new drill/saw/sander thingy...I'm not really sure what it is, but he was very excited about it. As quickly as he opened it he was
cutting wood in the basement, sanding some slate on the fireplace, and then he went at my dad's feet...yeah not really sure how that transition was made, but
whatev!

My dad has very ticklish feet and he was laughing so hard, it was pretty funny.

After Christmas breakfast which we have with my parents every year we made our way over to the Byrd's. Traditionally we draw names and make that individual a home made gift. I drew Melissa's name and since I've been baking a lot lately I thought it would be fun to make her some cookie dough to bake up whenever she liked. I think she was pretty happy with it.
Ahhhh Boyd, Mr. Christmas spirit himself!

Ethan with another truck!

Presents for the boys.

Jason's mom drew him this year and she made him a lovely denim quilt. He's been waiting for years for her to get him so she would make him one. He was quite happy!

Ethan was quite happy with the quilt as well!

After lunch at the Byrd's it was time for Christmas dinner at the Marley's. My mom requested my amazing apple pie for dessert this year. It tasted even better than it looked, I wouldn't know for sure I didn't eat it...pie yuck. But I love to make them!

Where's the beef?!? There's the beef!
Ahhh yeah! I made a beautiful prime rib roast, and I did eat this one and trust me it was even tastier than it looks!
Soooo good!

You know it! That's a
Snuggie! HOT!

Lane and Serena got mom that
Snuggie, but Serena kind of took it over. I don't blame her, all kidding aside they are incredibly comfy. And I was a bit sad I was one of the few people who didn't get one. Oh well...maybe next year.
It truly was a wonderful Christmas this year. We were blessed to spend time with our family and share in each other's love. Many gifts were exchanged and memories were made as we celebrated the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you to all of those that have touched our lives this year and may you all be blessed with the Lord's most choice blessings in the year to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment