I'm behind again...but I'm determined to get caught up.
Kaden had a class Christmas party again this year. Since I'm room mom I had the opportunity to organize the festivities. My friend Nichole, who has a daughter in the same class, helped out. When we got there all the kids walked in from lunch with these fun hats on. The class Grandma made a hat for every child. What an awesome lady! And yeah, Kaden's in that "I'm going to make a goofy face in every picture" phase. Nice!

Nichole and I made Christmas cards for each of the kids. All they had to do was write a special message inside. Not my thing, but Nichole insisted each card have stamps, stickers, glitter, bows, yo yo's, whistles...ok maybe not that much, but they were pretty fancy. We also did the traditional sugar cookie decoration station. Yum Yum!

As I'm not the most crafty mom on the block I opted out of doing more crafts during the party and put together some fun games for the kids. We had a "snow ball" relay race. It got pretty intense and came down to the last racer in each team. Yep that's Kaden crawling on the stairs...what can I say, he's a boy!
We also did a word scramble, or unscramble game using their spelling words. I wasn't sure how the kids would react to this game as it was educational based, but they loved it. Gonna keep that game in my back pocket for next time!

Kaden's team totally won!
For the final game to calm the kids down a bit we did a present pass, where the kids passed a semi fabulous prize around the circle while I read The Night Before Christmas.
It was a successful party. Kids had fun and Mrs. Randklev was happy! I'm totally putting this one on my resume!
Good Work!!
ReplyDelete