Friday, September 3, 2010

And so it begins...SCHOOL!!

Yes school has finally begun! Jase was so excited to start kindergarten. This morning he took me all over wanting his picture taken. So maybe he was more excited about his new school clothes than actually going to school. He's his mother's son!

Jase is in a K-1 program at ISU this year. It should be a great opportunity for him with a smaller class size and student teachers helping a large portion of the time to further reduce the student to teacher ratio. Not to mention it's all day everyday instead of half day or all day every other day. We met his new teacher on Tuesday at an open house and she seems very nice and ORGANIZED. I'm sure Jase is going to learn a ton!
He looked so tiny walking down the hall at the university!

Jase seemed to all ready know the routine when we got there. He put his backpack and jacket away, found a book and sat down quietly to read. I was so impressed. I was worried he was going to cry or not want me to leave, but he just looked at me with those big brown eyes and said, "Love you Mom, bye!" And that was it. My little man started kindergarten. I cried the whole way home! I'm so proud and excited for him to learn and grow it was just a moment of realizing WOW he's really growing up and I don't get any of those days with him home back. But he is such a wonderful little boy I cannot wait to see what he will do next. (sorry the flash was out of hand in this shot. oops)
Kaden started 3rd grade this year! Holy smokes! While I was taking his picture all I could think was how very handsome he is. And I feel he looks less and less like a little boy everyday. He has the same teacher he's had for the last 2 years so the first day of school wasn't too stressful for him. He was just REALLY excited to see his friends again.

No comments:

Post a Comment