This weekend was so beautiful we couldn't just stay in. We love going up to Justice Park with our friends the Scherers to have a relaxing afternoon and evening. The kids love to run around and play while the adults hang out by the fire and chat.
Usually for dinner we roast hotdogs but this time we switched things up. Bret and Ashlee made tin foil dinners and we brought up our dutch ovens and did ribs and cobbler. Everything was delicious! A whole lot better than hotdogs that's for sure!


Brylee is such a little poser and totally adorable.
Jase's favorite chore while up the mountain is collecting fire wood. And he's great at it.
Yep that's me...one happy camper. Happy because at the end of the evening I was going home to a nice soft bed while the boys were staying to sleep in a tent. There are a few times when being pregnant has its advantages.
Kaden and Ellie always have fun together. We'll see where this goes in about 5 or 6 years.
Jason always brings knives and a hatchet for the kids to play with. It of course gives Ashlee and I anxiety, because we are just waiting for one of the kids to hack an appendage off.Ethan loves to play in the dirt and luckily there is plenty of dirt on the mountain.
Ellie was all business while whittling away on this stick. I think having her tongue out helped her concentration.
After Ashlee, my mom and I left, the party really heated up. Literally, thanks to the 6 foot long log they threw across the fire.
A bunch of sleepy heads!

Kaden slept in the longest, he's much like his mother.
Jase had to have been hot! He had on his fleece jammies, his winter coat and he slept in my negative 40 degree sleeping bag. Toasty!
One more cute picture of Brylee. She's a sweet little girl!
The kids really had a great time sleeping in the tent. Brylee and Jase went to bed first and laughed and giggled together for almost half an hour before crashing. When everyone got home I asked Jase how camping was and he said, "Fun! Until my butt caught on fire!" What?! Jason was laughing so I checked the rear end of Jase's pajamas and sure enough there was a burn hole. Jason said that Jase was sitting in a chair near the fire with his leg up fixing his slipper when an ember jumped out of the fire and caught on his bum. Jase suddenly started screaming and no one knew what the problem was until he finally yelled, "My butt's on fire!" Jason quickly patted the fire out and thankfully Jase didn't get burned! Poor kid. Despite Jase's mishap everyone had a blast and they are all hoping for another nice weekend to camp out again.
One more cute picture of Brylee. She's a sweet little girl!
Looks like fun. Going up the canyon is definately one of our fondest memories living in Pocatello. We are sure going to miss it I am afraid!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun time !!!!!
ReplyDeleteThese are cute Victoria. I'll have to download them so I can put them in my scrapbook. Thanks for posting them
ReplyDelete