Monday, October 11, 2010

One Year Older....and wiser too...I think

Happy Birthday to me! hehehe! I love my birthday! As silly and childish as that sounds, I've always loved that certain special feeling that accompanies the day I was born. It's not about getting presents, but let's be honest who doesn't like getting prizes, but more about those you love taking a second out of their day to acknowledge your birth and pass along well wishes. My sweet friend Ashlee had Costa Vida delivered to my door for lunch. The fish tacos I've been craving for months! And they were so yummy! And my phone was bombarded with text messages from so many people it really made me feel loved!
I wasn't expecting anything grand this year from Jason as we have a baby coming in a few short weeks (2 if anyone besides me is counting) and we are trying to finish another bedroom in the basement (hooray, all we need is paint! We succeeded.) all of which attack your bank account. But it just simply wouldn't be Jason to not do something for me. After Jason stopped by home for lunch he asked my plans and told me he would meet me at home at 2:30. I didn't have any big plans, because all the boys were home from school and taking 3 active boys anywhere 9 months pregnant is not my idea of fun. I got home a few minutes before Jason and laid Ethan down for a nap. I flopped on the couch and Jason brought me in a birthday card. It was hilarious, "Happy birthday to the woman who puts up with all my...." inside of card, "AWESOMENESS." If that's what he's calling it I won't burst his bubble. Then he had written in his barely legible handwriting some very sweet things and then something I couldn't quite make out. Oh and there was a 20 dollar bill. I smiled and thanked him and was about to set the card down when he looked at me like I was totally missing something, so I re-read the last part and it said, "Have fun at your spa day." Hooray!!!! 4 hours of pampering and indulgence were all planned and awaiting me. Jason explained that the 20 was for me to tip. (I'm a terrible tipper and it makes him crazy, and he's a ridiculously extravagant tipper which makes me crazy! Seriously who tips the gal that boxes your $8 piece of cheesecake, the only thing you ordered....to go....with a 10 spot. I don't get it.) Sorry I digress. So Jason told me to hurry up I was suppose to be to the spa in 5 minutes! I brushed back my tears, kissed him fervently and ran out the door. I spent the rest of the afternoon in total bliss wrapped in a fluffy robe and slippers! Full body massage, manicure and pedicure. Heaven! When I left the spa I couldn't wait to get home and thank him for all his awesomeness. But he wasn't done there. He arranged for my mom to take the boys over night and he and I went to dinner and enjoyed a wonderful evening just the 2 of us. It couldn't have been a better day! Jason is an amazing husband and treats me like a queen. I am so blessed!
Of course the next day my mom gave me my traditional birthday gift, a crisp Benjamin, which I promptly spent on a new pair of Uggs! I have very happy feet! And my dad even came to town this weekend and we had a wonderful family dinner with Lane and Serena and their boys on Sunday.
At 28 I have the life I always wanted. An incredible husband, 3 soon to be 4 handsome sons, a beautiful home, cherished friends, my family near by and the gospel of Jesus Christ. One year older and hopefully wiser too. I'm looking forward to lots of wonderful things in the next year of my life!!!

2 comments: