Monday, January 6, 2014

The Best Time Is Now

An old proverb goes something like this, 'The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.'

I found that in an article written by President Uchtdorf in January's Ensign magazine. And I have decided that is my person theme for the year. I'm a bit of a procrastinator. I suppose that's a tad evident from my lack of blog posts for nearly 2 years...among other things. My problem is I'm always waiting for the right moment. My thought process goes a little like this: You can't start something in the middle of the week on any random Tuesday. That just doesn't make any sense. Wait until the first of the month. Or wait until the next holiday. Or the next birthday. Or.....just wait....

And...you can see how well that has gone! So here it is. A random Tuesday. The date has no particular meaning. Nothing extraordinary has happened apart from the fact that it is NOW. Right now, this moment, is the best possible time to start something. And the something I choose to start is blogging again. Something I've missed greatly!

I've started this year with a great deal more optimism than normal. I've spent the last several years really reflecting on who I am, and who I am discovering I can become. I've been working toward fulfilling to true measure of my creation. This journey has brought me tremendous joy and equally great heart break. It is not always easy looking at myself in the mirror. But it has been a process of healing, of forgiveness, of discovery, and most of all of hope. There is nothing more beautiful than hope. Hope prepares the way for faith. Hope transcends pain and sorrow. And, hope empowers. I am hopeful and I am happy.

I am happier than I've been in any amount of time I can remember. I am hopeful for this year to be incredible. I'm accepting that there will be lows. There will be times that I fall. And I'm hopefully there will be times where I rise. Falling is not defeat. Falling is not the end. Falling is a moment. A moment cannot define anyone. Understanding that is liberating. And choosing to rise is empowering. Think of the fall long enough to understand it and then let go. Always seek forward motion.

This year I am moving forward. I am discovering. I am hopeful. And, I am starting now!

1 comment:

  1. Love this Victoria, thank you for starting today, I needed to hear it. Needed to hear how to look forward even knowing it may be hard but that it will only be a moment.

    ReplyDelete