Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving

"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." Melody Beattie
Thanksgiving has been my favorite holiday for as long as I can remember. It's a day set aside from all others to count our blessings, enjoy our loved ones, dine together and most importantly offer up our thanksgivings unto our Father in Heaven.
We had the pleasure of opening our home to my parents and my mom's sister Becky, who was recently diagnosed with liver cirrhosis and is living in a Skilled Nursing Facility in Blackfoot, and her daughter Shaliegh. What a blessing it was to share the holiday with family.

I love to cook and I especially enjoy preparing Thanksgiving dinner. There is so much tradition involved in our meal and I always feel the love and memories from those who are not with us as I prepare recipes they have passed on.

I was proud to deliver an American Icon to the table, a perfectly roasted deliciously succulent turkey. Pardon the cliche, but it was the best turkey I've ever eaten. Soooooo good.

See, I told ya!! That was good turkey!

I have so much gratitude in my heart for all the blessings I have in my life. I have a wonderful husband who loves me despite my many flaws and sees the beauty in me that I don't always make so easy to see. I have 3 beautiful children, whom I love in a way words cannot hope to convey. They are my light and my stregnth. I have an amazing family who are always a comfort and support to me. Friends who are dependable and loyal are mine. I have the truth of the everlasting gospel in my life to lead and guide me. And I know I have a Father in Heaven who not only knows me, but loves me without end. And a Savior who gave his perfect life for me that I might return to live with him and my family for eternity. I am without doubt blessed beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment