Kaden has the best teacher out there! Not only is she incredible with the students and does a wonderful job teaching and encouraging them, she's also a party animal. Ha! I love it! For Valentine's Day I planned a bunch of games for the kids. We broke the class up into teams and played a Famous Couples game where the kids had to complete the grouping. For example...I say cookies, the kids write milk. You get the picture right? Well I added a few trickier couples. Bare in mind these are 2nd and 3rd graders. So I said, Romeo and believe it or not 2 teams came up with Juliette. Not bad. So next I said, Bella. It took them a second, but of course my friend Nichole's daughter Anna wrote down Edward. Ha!!! It was so funny. In fact her team was awarded a bonus point! The other surprise I had was when I said Barbie, and it took the kids forever to come up with Ken. Hello??? Mrs. Randklev and I were in shock. Seriously when did Ken fade into the nonexistent?



After the Famous Couples game we moved into the gym for a few rowdier games. It was awesome! Kids were running, screaming and laughing. We made it out with no blood, but a few tears. Freakin Girls! One kid totally took a solid elbow to the eye and cried less than the girl who thought the other team was cheating. Mercy!

Before we headed back to the classroom Mrs. Randklev had the class run a lap around the school to work off a little of their sugar fueled energy. She's very wise!

We ended the day with the game Who Do You Love? It was so fun. Only problem was when the kids discovered how fun it was to be it and the little buggers wouldn't find a seat. Kaden was it several times. The boy's got a lotta love!
The party was a success. And now I'm gearing up for St. Patrick's Day. Yeah, you know we gotta party it up for that day! Bust out the green Kool-Aide and gold foil chocolate coins. Sounds like a party to me! The class room was a bit of a mess by the time the party was complete, luckily it's easy to get cleaned up with 28 little homeys around to help! Nice work Kaden!
You're such a good mom!
ReplyDelete