Saturday, March 20, 2010

Shots

It was well child check up time last week for Ethan and Jase, you know what that meant...shots. Lot of them. Poor little Jase had to get 5 shots!! It was practically torture for the little guy. He was all brave until the first needle when in, then he tried to kick the nurse. Not maliciously of course, but reflexively. I don't blame him, I might have taken a swipe at her too. Oucheroo! He cried for a solid half hour. All the while Ethan received his shots, through the check out station, down the hall to the parking garage, in the car, all the way to the Arctic Circle for a well deserved treat, and the rest of the way up the hill to the house. Then he informed me he couldn't walk anymore. So I had to carry him in the house and arrange him just so on the couch with his Oreo shake.

That's the face of one sad little boy. I was pretty sure he was never going to walk again. But about an hour later he was up and walking stiff legged around the kitchen looking for a drink.

Apart from the shots being insane, the doctor visit was pretty good. I love how much each of our boys differ from one another. None of them share the same hair/eye color combination and as far as body types go...they couldn't be more different. Ethan sprouted up from being in the 10% for height at his 1 year check up to the 80 percentile this go around. Holy smokes, we actually may have a tall child! My sweet little Jaser was originally measured in the 10th percentile at 4 1/2 but the doctor stretched him out good and long and got two more inches out of him (I think that was a bit of a stretch, but ok) He's now in about the 25th percentile. And according to the doctor Jase may be short, but he has some of the best muscle tone he's seen in a 4 year old. AWESOME! I love it! I was so happy to hear that my boys are healthy and strong and growing beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment