Tuesday, April 6, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays. It's always fun to celebrate your heritage and what a fun way to do it by getting all decked out in green and partying it up! St. Patty's was a busy day this year. I spent the entire morning getting things ready for Kaden's class party, then spent the afternoon at the party, then finished up with a McTeacher's Night for Kaden's school. Because of the McTeacher's Night I didn't have our traditional St. Patty's day dinner of corned beef with all the fixins (expect cabbage, cause well....barfola!) It was still a very fun day and I enjoy teaching the kids about our Irish heritage and the meanings behind all the festivities on St. Patrick's Day.
My friend Nichole helped me out with the kid's party this year and I was very grateful! We had a plate full of treats for the kids, rainbow cupcakes, green peeps, gold coins and apple juice (in green cartons.)
Our first game was Pictionary with St. Patty's words. Kaden got the hardest word by far, corned beef. But he did a great job and earned a point for his team!
We played a few other games including the Shamrock Shimmey and a game where I put a ton of green things on a platter and the kids had to try and write down as many of the items as they could remember. I had a lot of fun at the Wal*Mart buying green things. We had limes, green apples, a plantain, a papaya, green gummy bears, green gum, a green lego, sour Skittles, a green car, a dollar bill, an avocado, a watermelon, green beads, a frog, a green spoon, celery, broccoli, a pickle, and a gold coin. I think there were more, but it's been a while and that about all I can recall...not bad though.
I got a quick picture of my boys in their green shirts outside the McDonald's after McTeacher's Night.
Erin go Bragh!

No comments:

Post a Comment