What a marvelous Mother's Day I had! I woke up (after sleeping in until after 9, so glorious) to the delicious smell of pancakes and roast beef eggs.
Oh it was heaven on a plate!

The boys were so excited to give me the gifts they had chosen for me. And boy do my boys know me. I couldn't stop smiling with each gift I opened.Well...I didn't really get to "open" them, the boys took care of that for me. So Jase picked out a Poison CD for me! RAD!!! And Kaden chose New Moon on DVD for me. Perfect! Oh and they each got me a bag of chips Cheetohs and sour cream and onion. Sweets and my pregnant tummy aren't friends (total bummer!) so treats have to be salty.

Jase also made me a very special gift in preschool, a sweet little hand cast. It made sense as one day he came home from school and told me had to put his hand in yogurt. I thought, "Huh." But now I get it.
Kaden brought me home a gift from school as well. When I saw the plant in a cup I asked him what kind of flower it was, to which he replied, "A radish". Completely random! I love it! He also made a Mother's Day coupon book full of coupons good for chores and hugs! What more could a mom ask for?!
I'm not one to let a precious teaching moment with my sons pass me by. So I cradled Jase in my lap and lovingly taught him why Poison is by far and away the best rock and roll band ever!
It wasn't long before Kaden wanted in on the educational bonding moment. It was a moment I'll cherish for always, Jase asking me if they were real men. To which I answered, "Yes sweetie, the prettiest men I have ever seen." Ahhh precious.
Every year my favorite part of Mother's Day is having a picnic (for which we skip church..shhhh). It was a beautiful spring day and I so loved being up West Fork watching my boys explore. Kaden and Jase were very sweet waiting for Ethan.
Jase informed me they were playing army and they found a baby (Ethan). He cracks me up.

Yep that's me! I was finally able to get my bag of Cheetohs away from Ethan. I think he was covered in Cheetoh dust virtually all day. Not that I blame him. Cheetohs are sooo good!
Everything was wonderful. The sun was shining, the breeze was light and refreshing and my family was all together. I was perfectly content.
Everything was wonderful. The sun was shining, the breeze was light and refreshing and my family was all together. I was perfectly content. Then the dog wandered back to our picnic spot, covered in cow crap. Oh yes! Apparently he thought it tasted so good (yes he was eating it) that he just had to cover himself in it. Stupid mutt! That effectively ended our picnic.
As it was Mother's Day, and I just received a new Poison CD, we blasted it in the car. Kaden and Jase loved singing along with me. Ethan however is not a Poison fan. He kept putting his fingers in his ears and yelling NO! Poor boy, he shares his dad's taste in music. Have no fear, I'll convert him sooner or later.
The ride home was less than pleasant. The dog made sure of that. Instead of his head hanging out the window, it was mine. Our car smelled like a barn and I was sure I was going to lose my lunch. Luckily we got home quickly and then it was bath time for ole Copper. He wasn't too happy about a cold bath outside with the garden hose, but he knew he was in trouble so he complied.
Celebrating Mother's Day with my boys was wonderful. All I ever wanted to be when I grew up was a mom. I had not the complete concept of love until Kaden was placed in my arms. I knew in an instant I would give up everything I am, everything I have, for that beautiful little life that was now in my care. Each child has proven to me that love is without end and the heart contains a miraculous ability to expand to include a spot for every sweet spirit whose life touches it. Motherhood is the most precious gift my Father in Heaven has blessed me with. I know without doubt that it is a divine calling, one that I pray daily to magnify. More gratitude fills me than I can express to Jason for loving me and entrusting me with his children. Everyday is an adventure and I treasure each moment of love and chaos.
No comments:
Post a Comment