Monday, December 6, 2010
A Payment From My Son
I am a believer that Heavenly Father understands us and is conscious of our needs, fears and insecurities more acutely than we sometimes realize. I had to share this precious moment with two of my sons, because it melted my heart just at the time I needed it most. Saturday evening Jason had taken Ethan to watch Kaden's basketball game and I was home with Jase and Kellan. Kellan is normally a very calm baby, but that evening he wasn't exactly having his most shining moment. I had been bouncing and pacing the floor with him for about half an hour as Jase watched me from the couch. Finally Kellan calmed down and I laid him down on his blankie in front of the lit Christmas tree. While I was arranging Kellan on the floor Jase asked, "Mom what is wrong with Kellan?" I wasn't exactly sure the cause of all the discontent so I replied, "Oh he is just mad." As I stood to go into the next room I saw out of the corner of my eye Jase crawl over and lay down next to Kellan. It was so sweet to see Jase gently rubbing Kellan's hand that I stayed just out of their sight and enjoyed the scene playing out. Jase, resting his head on his hands, started quietly talking to Kellan words of reassurance. He said, "Oh Kellan, it's ok. Don't be mad at our Princess." Tears filled my eyes as the love in my heart for two of my sons swelled. Motherhood isn't always the most glamorous, steady paying job. But that night Jase paid me in full for all the meals I have prepared, laundry I have washed, rooms I have cleaned and sleepless nights I have spent in his behalf. I am sure Jase is unaware that I witnessed his payment or that he was the vehicle through which Heavenly Father answered an unspoken prayer in my heart. Regardless I was deeply blessed and eternally grateful. Jase's words of reassurance were spoken to Kellan for me. I love each of my children and there is nothing I wouldn't do for them and it is humbling to know they love me right back. What greater reward could I ask for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a sweet story!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a tender post! Thank you for sharing Victoria! Brought tears to my eyes and warmed my heart!!
ReplyDelete