Oh Ethan....Ethan is by far my quirkiest son. I wanted to post about Ethan's blanket, because it cracks me up how attached he is to this completely random blanket. Oddly enough this blanket was the very first blanket I ever made. I made it when I found out I was pregnant with our first child, before I even knew the gender, and was due on the 4th of July. Hence the stars and stripes. A few months back Ethan was rummaging through the linen closet and found the old fleece blanket. He had just learned the star shape and brought me the blanket to show me the stars. I was so thrilled he had remembered the shape that I clapped and wrapped him up in the blanket and swung him in circles telling him how smart he was. This must have been more of a show than I realized at the time and made quite the impression on him, because the next day he started dragging the blanket around everywhere and calling it his Geeky Stars. This is entirely hilarious to me. He can say blanket or blankie perfectly fine, but he only refers to this blankie as his geeky. He drags his Geeky Stars around with him everywhere and HAS to have it to go to bed. We all but have to call Scotland Yard if his Geeky Stars is M.I.A. at bedtime. When it has to be laundered, which is quite frequently because that blanket gets FUNKY TOWN, he has to be the one to put it in the washing machine. As soon as the wash cycle is finished he takes it directly out of the washer. Parting with it to be washed AND dried is asking WAY too much. Luckily it is fleece and air dries pretty quickly. He's like my own little Linus running around the house with it over his head all day. I wonder how long he will have his Geeky Stars and if I will be packing it in his back pack for kindergarten someday. With Ethan you just never know!
Awe! My boy's still have blankets. Lane has kind of grown out of his but he still sleeps with it every night. Ryan carries his (baby that's the name of his blanket) all over the house all day long.
ReplyDelete