Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow Much Fun!

About 2 weeks ago the kids came home from school and wanted to play outside. We had a perfect layer of snow and the temperature outside was just right. So out the boys went....including Jason. Together they all built a snow cave in the front yard. As soon as laid Kellan down for a nap I couldn't resist going out and playing with the boys too.
Ethan was so cute. He hasn't been out in the snow very much, because he is a lot like his mom and doesn't like to be cold. But we both bundled up and had so much fun.The snow was perfect packing snow....so I couldn't hold back from starting a snow ball fight. Jase was pretty surprised!
Maybe I should have thought this one through a little better. As soon as I lobbed the first snow ball, I was bombarded by 3 boys chucking snow balls at me with surprisingly incredible accuracy! They chased me all over the yard with huge balls of snow until I was covered in the white stuff!
After the snow ball fight I took the boys into the back yard to go sledding off the hill behind our house. The hill was much steeper than I had anticipated though. Jase and I picked up speed super quick!
Jase was giggling the whole down, but his giggle was a sort of nervous/scared laugh.
I wasn't too worried, but Jason kept yelling, "Brake Victoria, BRAKE!" No matter how hard I tried to slow us down, we just kept going faster and faster. It didn't help that I couldn't stop laughing either.
Just before we flew over the edge into the back yard of the people at the bottom of the hill, we came to an abrupt stop. Hello whip lash. I definitely don't bounce like I used to. Jase however jumped right off the sled and was ready to do it again. Love that crazy little boy!
While Jason and I were taking a break from taking the kids down the hill, Jase and his BFF went down together. It is hard to tell in this pic, but they both went down with their eyes closed. Crazy kids.
Kaden loved going down by himself. He had a little trouble staying on his sled when he would catch air. Luckily he bounces really well.
It was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. The night before was the first night Kellan had slept through the night and I was feeling like I could take on the world....ok maybe not the world, but certainly the snow hills with the kiddos and Jason. It felt so good to be outside in the fresh air laughing and playing together as a family. It is one of my fondest winter afternoons!!!

1 comment: