"There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite so special as the love between a mother and a son"Author: Unknown
This could not be more true. And as one of my boys has turned another year older, I can't help but reflect on the last 3 wonderful years of his life. Taking a walk down memory lane was so fun, which is why it probably took me a week to get this post up. I hope you enjoy these pictures of Ethan as much as I did while I was uploading them.
I remember holding Ethan and him crying and crying right after he was born. I was so worried that he was going to be a hard baby. But I think he was just faking me out because he was my most mild and easy going baby.
Ethan was born in the middle of Jason's last semester of grad school. Not exactly the prime time to have a baby. But we scheduled him to be born over Martin Luther King Day so Jason could have a few days off from school. Jason had been living on 2 hours of sleep a night before we had Ethan so he was used to being awake at 2 a.m. But it had been such a long day, we were both exhausted.
Ahhh! Our first family picture.
It still baffles me that it's been 3 years since we brought Ethan home from the hospital. At the same time it seems so long ago that we lived in our old house. We have come a long way in 3 years.
I loved this little Ralph Lauren velvet track suit. It was my favorite thing to dress Ethan in.
Ethan always seemed to have a grimace on his face for the first few weeks.
He hardly resembles this baby face now.
Ethan's blessing day was so special. I don't remember everything Jason blessed him with, but I can recall that he was blessed to serve a mission. Jason didn't bless Kaden or Jase with this and think that is why I remember it so well. He also blessed him to be strong and valiant in the gospel. Recently when we are getting ready for church and Ethan sees we are putting on church clothes he lets his head fall back and says, "Ethan not wanna go to church." (yes he always speaks in the 3rd person) It's a little ironic.
Ethan loved his excersaucer. I could put him in it and he would play for literally hours. He would almost fall asleep in it. This picture was taken the day we moved to our new house.

The rest of the pictures on this post are out of order. I apologize. I just kept finding cute ones and couldn't resist posting them. Enjoy!



This could not be more true. And as one of my boys has turned another year older, I can't help but reflect on the last 3 wonderful years of his life. Taking a walk down memory lane was so fun, which is why it probably took me a week to get this post up. I hope you enjoy these pictures of Ethan as much as I did while I was uploading them.Ethan was born January 18, 2008 at 1:20 a.m. He was 7 lbs 15 oz and a week and a half early, thankfully! He would have been huge!
The rest of the pictures on this post are out of order. I apologize. I just kept finding cute ones and couldn't resist posting them. Enjoy!


Even when freshly washed and relieved of all obvious confections, children tend to be sticky. ~Fran Lebowitz Ethan was so handsome at Chris and Rachel's wedding the summer of 2008. I love this photo of him.
Ethan had a bit of an allergy to our dog Copper when he was a baby. Luckily he out grew it. I had almost forgotten until I was looking back and saw all the watery eye, runny nose baby pictures.
Ethan and Jason on the climb down from the Timpanogas Caves.
Ethan was picking away at the birthday cake Jason made me.
Ethan can almost always be found with a car in hand!
Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.
Always a messy face!
Ethan loves animals of all varieties. He would have spent all day at the petting zoo.
You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing. What! Is it nothing to be happy? Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long? Never in his life will he be so busy again. ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile, 1762




Ethan is so fun. I had almost thought we were going to totally miss the terrible 2's. Come to find out he was just saving it all for when he turned 3. He is busy and into everything. In typical Byrd boy style he is also a little destructive. I am hoping that he will soon stop just taking things apart and desire to put them back together again. He loves assembling puzzles lately so I hope that will translate to other things....soon!

Ethan loves to follow me around. He recently out grew wanting to put my make-up on with me. Jason was pretty happy about that. I always smiled when he put on my lip gloss and called it his "color".
Ethan is so quirky and unique and is constantly changing. We love having him in our family and he brings a smile to my face every single day!
No comments:
Post a Comment