Wow! Yet another month has flown by. And my tiny baby, who promised me he would stay tiny, has gone back on his word! Kellan is growing at record breaking speed. At least record breaking in this family. 2 weeks ago at his 4 month check up he weighed 16 lbs 7 oz. and is 28 3/4 inches long. He is the 82 percentile for both. Truth be told, I love it! I love having a strong growing boy! He has the softest, squishiest most kissable rolls!
Kellan is extremely sensitive to touch and very tactile. I try so hard to make sure my hands are warm when I pick him up or else he arcs his back and wiggles to try to get away. He loves to feel Jason's stubble on his face with his pudgy little hand, but doesn't like it on his own cheek. And Kellan is very ticklish. Nothing makes him giggle more than tickling his collar bone and shoulders. It's an odd place to be ticklish, but so cute.
Kellan loves music. We have music playing at our house nearly all the time and he truly enjoys listening to it. He isn't very discriminative as of yet, but I have noted that he prefers piano solos to full orchestras. He likes opera, especially high sopranos. The Cure and Erasure always get his attention. He wiggles more to Latin beats, thanks to Shakira. And I am 99 % positive he is a Poison fan. All in all I would say he is a well rounded connoisseur of music.
Kellan is rolling from his belly to his back as well. It is hilarious when he actually achieves it, because it absolutely takes him by surprise. Makes me giggle.
We all love Kellan so so much and have had so so much fun with him. The boys adore him. And I think Jason has an extra soft spot for his youngest son. I love nothing more than to watch the two of them playing when they don't know I am looking. Jason is so tender and sweet with Kellan, it melts my heart.

Last Saturday Jase wanted to take some pictures of Kellan and me. He did a great job!

Kellan has his first really real illness currently. He woke up Saturday morning absolutely miserable. He was burning up with fever, in pain and would not eat. We were pretty worried. I took him to his doctor and after a 2 hour visit the doctor ruled out viral meningitis and concluded he had an ear infection and the flu. As Kellan is super sensitive to touch and was in a lot of pain every movement made him scream. After a substantial dose of Motrin and an hour's worth of checks the doctor felt ok about sending us home. Poor sweet little Kellan. It broke my heart to see him hurting so. Jason and I spent Saturday holding, soothing and fighting Kellan's fever. Before Kellan went to bed for the night Jason gave him a priesthood blessing. I am truly grateful for my husband and how he honors his priesthood. I felt comforted by his words, and Kellan slept 13 hours straight last night. This morning I was shocked when he woke up still running a fever and feeling miserable. Thankfully with another dose of Motrin and antibiotic he took a 4 hour nap and woke up fever free. I can tell he is still hurting and he is pretty fussy, but hopefully on the mend. While we had to cancel all our weekend plans, I must say staying home and cuddling my precious baby with Jason was so nice. Even sick Kellan is an angel. A 17 lbs. 2 oz cuddly angel.
Such a cute little chunk! Love it! Sorry he has been sick. :-(
ReplyDelete