Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Field Trip

Jase had a field trip to the Museum of Natural History at ISU last week (St. Patrick's Day....note all the green clad children). He was really excited to see all the bones and learn about dinosaurs. But mostly he was excited that I was going with him. I love how much he wants me to be around. Far too soon these days will be gone, so I am soaking them up while I can.
Our museum tour guide was very knowledgeable and was great at keeping the attention of the kids, not a small feat. She is kneeling next to a little dinosaur I cannot remember the real name, but it essentially was a mini triceratops. Jase thought it would have been a great pet. Sorry Copper.
The children were dying to touch something! Finally our guide pulled out a replica of a T-Rex toe nail they could touch. Side note...we measure how big a T-Rex could open his mouth and it was exactly as big as Jase is tall. The museum lady said Jase was perfect snack sized candy bar for the T-Rex.

Jase is such a cheeseball! Here we saw some of the few actual fossils on display, most at the museum are replicas. These were the remains of a Hagerman Horse. The state fossil for Idaho.

I tried to get this at the right angle so Jase would look like he had horns. These the horns from an ancient bison.
Jase was standing next to a painting of a mammoth on the wall. He didn't even reach his knee!

In the Discovery Center Jase was showing his Bengal Pride with this mask.
I was happy to be with Jase on this field trip. I love being apart of my children's education. It is so meaningful to see them excited about learning. Jaser is a smart little guy too! He amazes me constantly with all the things he knows. He really enjoyed the museum too. He wants to take Kaden now to "teach" him about dinosaur bones. So cute!

1 comment: