At March's Chamber of Commerce meeting my boss Mary and I passed by the Medicine Ball booth. Mary and I have worked a lot with the wonderful woman who spearheaded this fundraiser and she insisted that we attend. Mary, who is one of the most generous people I have had the pleasure to know, said she would love for Jason and I to attend. She said we deserved a fancy night out on the town. So the next day she bought us tickets, along with her and her husband Mike as well. Then Diana, my long time friend and store manager of McDonald's, who didn't want a good time to pass her by, found a hot date and joined us.
I had so much fun getting all hottied up for Jason. And he looked dang fine himself! *insert cat calls and whistling* 

My mom watched the boys for us and was there to take our pictures before we left. Ahhh so cute! (Yes I had fun playing with the background on this one.) 

I told Jason I needed to buy a dress. He, of course, told me I had plenty of dresses. I explained to him that I needed a fancy dress, something that didn't scream church clothes. Still confused he asked, "Like a prom dress?" Bless his heart. I suppose to most men there isn't much in between a Sunday dress and a prom dress. I think he was convinced I was going to come home with a ball gown.
Tuesday I gathered all 4 of my boys up with my mom and we headed to Idaho Falls for a little shopping. I was nervous about the experience to say the least. I thought, 4 boys + dress shopping = insanity. But I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun we all had. I think much of this was based on the fact that we got lucky and only had to visit one store. I let the boys pick out any dress they thought was pretty for me to try on. They came up with about 10 dresses in a wide variety of colors and styles. It was hilarious to hear Jase look at a dress shake his head and say, "Nope that one shows too much skin." Trying on dresses and showing my boys was about as close to playing Barbies with them as I will probably ever get and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. In the end we passed on the sequins orange, the pink chiffon and the blue cocktail dresses for this elegant black and white dress. Perfect! Fit my style beautifully.
I had planned on surprising Jason with my dress on Friday, but let's get real, that is not me at all. Two seconds after we got home from Idaho Falls I was trying it on for him. However he was gone while I was getting ready on Friday and so he was surprised with the whole vision when he came home. Jason told me he was going to have a hard time concentrating because he wasn't going to be able to take his eyes off of me. Ahhhhh, I melted. He is one amazing man!
Yes yes, who would be able to keep their eyes off of this! Hot! Hehehe!

No comments:
Post a Comment