Sunday, April 17, 2011

YeeHaw!

Yeeeeehaaawww! The rodeo was in town last week, and we had so much fun! McDonald's was a sponsor again this year of the Mutton Bustin and Jase was drawn again to ride. In fact, Jase was even in the newspaper from the draw. It was the cutest picture of him. This year, we were totally prepared. We made Jase a huge sign to hold up for him while he rode. He loved it.

McDonald's also sponsored the exit gate. Wednesday night was Xtreme Bulls night. First bull through the exit gate bucked and kick a nice dent in the sign. First bull!!! They had 40 bulls on the show that first night. Luckily the sign held up.


Jase rode Thursday night. Tough Enough to Wear Pink Night. And of course Jase was tough enough. He was so excited to ride. I told him the prize if he won was a huge trophy. He wasn't really impressed. Then I told him last year the winner got a $1000. That changed his game face. He was pumped up!! Out of the gate.....here he goes!!!

Jase held on!!!

and on!

He held on for an 88 point ride! I couldn't believe it. He was awesome! The crowd went crazy for him. And Jase LOVED that Punkintown the Rodeo Clown came out and picked him up for the crowd. It may have been his favorite part of the whole experience. Jase took 3rd place on Thursday and so he qualified to ride again in Saturday Night's show. When they handed him his goody bag he opened it up, looked at me and said, "Where's my $1000?" I laughed. He is so funny. I explained he had to ride again. That brightened his outlook.
Saturday afternoon was the Exceptional Kids' Rodeo. McDonald's donated coupons and prizes for the participants. Mary, Jason and I went to watch. It was really neat to see all the children who have either a developmental delay or a physical ailment ride horses and get their pictures taken with the Rodeo Queens.

Because we were on the dirt Mary and I had Jason get a picture of us by our exit gate. It looked a little rough. Friday night a horse kicked a hole in the bottom. And some animal did it's business across our arches. So grody!

The announcer came over to us and thanked us for our participation and sponsorship. And of course we mentioned Jase riding in the finals...hehehe.
Saturday Jase was so excited to ride again. Check out his "city slicker" outfit. He wanted to shine up his look for the Saturday night crowd.
Ready to ride!!!
Saturday night Jase's sheep was a lot smaller. It's back was quite a thinner and it was a lot faster!!!
Jase rode for an 80 point ride Saturday night before biting the dust.
And he bit it hard. He had dirt in every fold of his city clothes.
But having the cute Rodeo Queen pick him up brought a huge smile to his face.
Jase was a little disappointed he didn't win his $1000 but he had a great experience. He showed so much strength and courage to even compete. And having all his own cheering section really built him up. Jase asked me before his ride on Saturday if he won would he be famous. I told him he was all ready famous. He was in the paper, on the news and on the radio. He was pretty pleased with himself. He was the poster child for Mutton Bustin this year.

To round out our rodeo week Jase rode with me in the sponsor truck on Saturday Night. Look at that cute face!! As reserved as Jase can be he is right at home in front of a crowd. I love that about him.....he's a little like his momma that way. Jase had a white knuckle grip on my hand and I barely got a few fingers out to wave at our section.


We had an awesome week together as a family. Coming together to support each other definitely brought us closer as a family. For the second week in a row I am so thankful again for my job. I have the most amazing opportunities and experiences. And being able to have my family with me while I "work" makes it all the more wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of him, too bad we were out of the state, I would have liked to see it!! Next year! You have a great family and we sure enjoy them!!! My girls are not as scared as boys now!

    ReplyDelete