Kellan Jack has reached his half birthday. 6 months old! Where does the time go? While the time seems to have gone by in the blink of an eye, I cannot imagine my life without this precious angel. I am addicted to his sweetness. When he takes a particularly long nap I find myself missing him and I have to talk myself out of waking him up just to hold him. Kellan is a happy little man. He loves to smile and coo and babble.
Most of all, Kellan loves his Daddy. He is without a doubt a daddy's boy. When he hears Jason's voice he turns to find him and gets a huge grin on his pudgy little face. He will turn from me and almost throw himself at Jason. And the best part about it is Jason is equally thrilled to see Kellan. I love to see Jason scoop Kellan up and plant a thousand kisses on Kellan's cheeks until they are booth giggling. The craziest thing is that Kellan will protest going to bed if he hasn't had enough time with Jason. If I put Kellan down before he gets to play with his daddy he will cry the second he hears Jason get home and start talking until he gets to see Jason. Kellan has started saying "dada" and I swear he knows exactly what he is saying. It is not just babble. He doesn't say it for the most part unless Jason is with him. Or he will quietly whisper it and look around. It is the craziest thing.


This baby fadora is seriously so stinking cute. I can't get enough of Kellan in hats. He is adorable.


During a field trip with Jase we learned that many species' babies are born with big eyes and short noses so they will be appealing to their mommas so they will take care of them. Kellan has this look down. Big blue eyes that turn down slightly at the ends and melt me instantly. And the cutest little button nose that crinkles in the middle when he giggles or when he gets upset. This is one thing he has gotten from me. I love his little nose crinkle.
Kellan is rolling more and more. And he is working on crawling. He tries to pull himself around, but hasn't quite figured it out. I am perfectly ok with this. I sort of like not having to chase him around just yet. He is also working hard on sitting by himself. He can, but isn't totally steady. He's a little tipsy. The funniest is when he bends over and his belly gets in his way and he has to take big gasps of air. He is thick. Kellan also has discovered his toes and they are his absolute favorite toy. He loves to pull on them and try to get them in his mouth. Kellan is also a thumb sucker. It is so sweet. For the most part he only sucks it when he is going to sleep but I love it. Someday I know it won't be so cute, but for now it isn't hurting a thing and I am content to let him soothe himself.We love our little hunkin man! We call him Hunkin, because he was born just before Halloween and we had lots of pumpkin out. I was calling Kellan my little pumpkin and Ethan said, "No Mommy, he a hunkin." That's how Ethan says pumpkin. It just stuck. Sweet little hunkin man!
No comments:
Post a Comment