Monday, May 9, 2011

Blue Bird

Today was.....an odd day. But there were some fun highlights. There was a power outage that lasted for most of the afternoon. Because there was no television or music going I noticed a lot of birds in our back yard and the park. When Jason came home for lunch he saw this beautiful Rocky Mountain Blue Bird. We pulled out the binoculars and Ethan and I spent almost an hour watching him and the robins and meadow larks hop around in the snow.


Jason had to head back to work and when he left he said, I wish we could get some pictures of him. So....I put on my brave face and ventured out into the snow camera in hand. As I mentioned the park was literally swarming with birds. Easily over a hundred birds were swooping and hopping around. As you may know, I have a pretty intense fear of birds. So going out to get some pictures was no small task. My heart was pumping as soon as I opened my back door. Luckily I was able to get pretty close without scaring the blue bird off or having a panick attack. I did jump a little when he suddenly took flight and flew right over my head. But Jason was really happy to see my pictures so it was totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment