Tuesday, April 21, 2009

F.H.E.

The boys took over family home evening last night. They prepared a great lesson on the Word of Wisdom. They cut out pictures from the newspaper and we decided if they were good for our bodies or not, or if we could have it in moderation. The boys insisted candy and Oreos were good for our bodies. They finally surrendered and agreed we could have them in moderation.
Kaden cut out a picture of beer and when we told him no, beer is not good for our bodies he said, "Yes sir! At Grandma Paddock house we have it all the time!" Jason and I looked a little confused for a second, then I laughed. "Root beer, Kaden. We have root beer at Grandma Paddocks." I was worried maybe I had forgotten about some kind of wild party going on at Grandma's.
I think the boys actually learned a lot from their lesson. This morning when Jase asked me for a popsicle for breakfast and I told him no. He said, "Cause it not dood fo our bodies?" It was perfect! There were no tears or tantrams and he made a healthy choice to have apple sauce
with his bran toast instead. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment