So Jason is obsessed with watching Food Network at night after we work out. He was watching Alton Brown do a special on pocket pies; AKA poptarts and hotpockets. Jason turned to me and said, "Wow those sure would be good." After 8 years I know that's code for, "Make me homemade pop parts." I will say this, I'll never take pop tarts for granted again. 2 hours, countless dishes and nearly as much flour on the floor as went into the pastry later, we had 15 pop tarts. Nice. They were actually really good and Jaser was my big helper. He loves to cook and I love that about him. We had a great time together this afternoon.
We used homemade jam and jelly for our filling. (I also made some chocolate carmel ones later for me) Jase liked "finger painting" on the egg wash around the edges.
"Nope, dem is better den da blue store!"
I couln't have said it better. They were awesome. And much cheaper. Everything we needed was in food storage. All 15 maybe cost $1.00. Nice! We also made hotpockets later for dinner. We made more pastry and I roasted a chicken. I pulled the chicken and added BBQ sauce then stuffed the pastry with the BBQ chicken and a little cheese. So GOOD! We got about 12 hotpockets out of the batch. Jason is totally pumped to take them for lunch next week. Again they were cheap! For 12 it was maybe 6 bucks. Awesome!!!
I couln't have said it better. They were awesome. And much cheaper. Everything we needed was in food storage. All 15 maybe cost $1.00. Nice! We also made hotpockets later for dinner. We made more pastry and I roasted a chicken. I pulled the chicken and added BBQ sauce then stuffed the pastry with the BBQ chicken and a little cheese. So GOOD! We got about 12 hotpockets out of the batch. Jason is totally pumped to take them for lunch next week. Again they were cheap! For 12 it was maybe 6 bucks. Awesome!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment