We made a quick trip down to Utah this weekend. I realized as we crossed the border into Utah that this was the first time since Ethan was born that I've been out of the state. Holy crap I'm lame! Anyway, we had a great time, a bit stressful as Ethan refused to sleep in his pack and play and ended up in bed between Jason and I (sideways of course. Do babies know how to sleep between their parents in any other way?) NO wonder I don't travel often.
Here are the boys packed up and ready to go. They were all really into the Star Wars movie as you can tell.

We made it to the Living Aquarium in Sandy. It was a lot of fun seeing all the fishies and sea creatures. I even put my hand in the water with them, even though I know those gross fish poop in there. I was brave for the boys!
We also stopped by the Jordan River Temple. The flowers were so beautiful. Yeah for Spring!

We finished our mini vaca with a trip to the Timpanogos Caves. It was a perfect day. The sky was a beautiful hue of blue and a light breeze kept us cool as we climbed over 1,000 vertical feet in a mile and a half. The boys were awesome and really enjoyed the walk. It felt great to be outside and enjoying God's beauty on Earth. See...I'm totally an outside girl...as long as I can go home and have a nice shower!
This was deep in the cave. It's called the Heart of Timpanogos. The shape of the stalagmite resembles the shape of a heart. Rangers put a red light behind it, enhancing the symbolism. The light itself is actually a historic site. It's protected by federal law. Sweet.

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Mini trips are always fun. Lane and I are planning a trip to the caves this summer too. I can't wait.
ReplyDeleteCute Blog! Your boys are adorable. Looks like you guys are doing well and living life to the fullest. I look forward to checking up on your blog, now that I have it.
ReplyDeleteBecky Belnap Maynard