Thursday, May 21, 2009

Recycling: Project 2

Project 2. So I'm not saying my mom's addicted to Diet Coke, but she has a definite reliance on it. Which was evident by the piles and piles and piles of Diet Coke cans. But ever enviromently friendly she saves all her cans to be recycled. Their shed was filled with cans so I rounded up the boys and told them if they helped bag them all up they could split the money from taking them to the Recycling Center. That's not a bribe, right? I called it incentive!
I wasn't kidding...piles and piles and piles!

I had to add a bit of fabulocity to the project. Recyclings hot!


Jase went with Grandpa and me to the Recycling center. I think the lady in the office thought I was crazy for taking pictures, oh well. We had 46 pounds of Diet Coke cans! All those cans came to a grand total of $8.60!
Here's the boys (Kaden, Tanner and Tallon the boys next door, and Jaser) with their hard earned incentive! Grandma and Grandpa pitched in a little extra incentive and gave them each 5 bucks. I think they learned a little about hard work and saving the planet plus they had fun doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment