I wanted to post a few of the pictures of those that came to visit Kellan. It is so nice to have family near to share in our happiness.
Grandma Marley. We cannot thank her enough for all her help with the older boys while Kellan was born. She truly magnifies what a grandmother ought to be. Which is why we chose Jack as Kellan's middle name.


This picture isn't exactly in chronological order, but it fits here nonetheless. My dad drove 8 hours from Las Vegas to spend the day with his newest grandson. It touched our hearts.
My brother Lane and his family also came to visit Kellan and me in the hospital.
Serena teased that she was going to sneak Kellan away in her purse. Which is funny, because for the last few nights before Kellan was born I kept dreaming I was carrying him around in my hand bag.
My two cute nephews Laney and Ryan. They were most excited because we had M&M's for them when they came to visit.
During my admission to the hospital the nurse asked if we needed a social worker, to which Jason replied, "No we have one and one is more than enough." The poor nurse looked confused and left the room. Awkward! So here is our friend, who moonlights as a social worker, Nichole, visiting Kellan. The one and ONLY social worker Jason allowed near the baby.
My dear friend Ashlee also stopped in. She couldn't get over how big he was. Her 2 girls were tiny when they were born. Kellan....not so tiny.
Jason's brother Chris and his wife Rachel came too. They are expecting a baby of their own in May and they had lots of questions about new babies. It was fun to chat with them.
Grandma Byrd brought Kellan a cute little pair of pajamas (size newborn and as of today, 9 days after his birth, he's almost out grown them).
Grandpa Byrd with Kellan. Kellan inherited one of Boyd's ears....just one. It's very cute.
We didn't stay in the hospital very long, in fact we were there less than 24 hours after Kellan was born. I couldn't wait to get out of there! My grandparents stopped by our house, but we missed getting pictures of them. We also missed several of my other friends who came by. But we thank everyone that stopped and called and made an effort to share in our joy.
What a fun time! I must say, that in and out in less than 24 hours is my favorite game. In fact if/when we have more kids I will stick with that. I did it with Kamdyn and it was much more enjoyable than the stay for 2 days like I did with Carter.
ReplyDeleteCute!!!!!
ReplyDelete