What a month it has been. The last 30 days have full of new and exciting things for our family. Some planned for and others unexpected.
We started things off with, of course, our new son
Kellan. We were prepared and ready for his arrival. He has brought such a sweet spirit into our home. We love him so very much. He was just the tip of the ice berg.


After
Kellan's birth I reached for my phone to send out an
announcement text only to find my phone had died! Of course it died. Perfect timing, eh?! Yeah I know. As I was wondering what the crap happened to the dumb thing Jason got a sheepish look on his face and informed me my phone may have taken a bath in milk the night before. SUPER! So after things were settled down at the hospital and I was ready for a nap Jason went to the cell phone store. I told him to just get me whatever phone they had and that I didn't need anything fancy. Jason being Jason, came back to my hospital room with the fancy
smanshy Motorola Droid 2 complete with a pretty red cover. I just smiled at him. I should have known better. I love my new phone as it pretty much doubles as a hand held computer. It's been very handy while I've spent hours feeding
Kellan.
A week after
Kellan was born, we had new carpet laid in
Kaden and Jase's rooms. Their rooms are so fun. We let them both choose their themes and paint colors. When I asked Jase what colors he wanted he told me red, blue and green......yeah, how do you make those colors work?! Well I figured it out and his room looks awesome. Three walls are blue, one lime green, his doors and inside of his closet are red and his trim is black. Ever constant Jase loves his
Spiderman inspired room. Maybe I'll post some more pics of their rooms later too as we have added some things since I took these shots.


Kaden loves Star Wars and wanted a Star Wars room. So that is what he has gotten. Since this picture was taken we have hung some light sabers and masks on the walls.
Ok ok ok...I'll post some more pics later! The boys love having their own rooms. I was a little worried since they have shared a room since Jase was born, but thus far things are going well.
Kaden's ceiling has lots of glow in the dark stars. He loves to lay in bed and watch them fade out as he falls asleep.
3 days after the carpet was laid (we hadn't even gotten the bill for it yet) my piece of crap washer died. Ok, so it had been on the fritz for a while causing me endless frustration, because with 4 boys I have mountains of laundry. As Jason was still home on his paternity leave he had been keeping up on most of the laundry and experiencing my annoyance with the washer that would refuse to spin the water out of the clothes. After trying everything he could to get the stupid thing to spin I finally heard a loud crash! I went to investigate and found the washer laying on its side out in the garage. Yep! Jason got so mad at the stupid thing he picked it up and chucked it out the door!!! MY HERO! That freaking washer would have been tossed out in the garage a lot sooner by me had I but the strength to heave it! Off to Lowe's we went and picked out the washer I have been wanting for quite some time. 5.2 cubic feet, no agitator, energy efficient, quiet and a 5 year top to bottom warranty! I love it!
And finally....we got a kitty. I know I'm not much of a cat person, but more than that I am not much of a rodent person. This summer we had so many mice outside it made me crazy. None made it into the house thankfully, but we did have one in the garage which was gross! Plus they kept falling into our window well and ate the screen all up. So I saw in the newspaper that the
humane society was having a kitty adoption for 35 bucks. Jason said we were just going to look...he should have known better. I found this little grey
persian mix and had to bring him home. His name at the pound was Sir Purrs a Lot.....yeah that's a mouth full. So we renamed him
Frankl after our favorite existentialist
Viktor Frankl. Copper and Frankl didn't become instant friends, but they will be I am sure. The kids, however, love Frankl. Ethan carries and chases him all over the house. Poor kitty, oh well he will get used to our crazy household!

As I said, what a month it has been. With Christmas right around the corner I have no doubt we will be adding to our list of new. I will keep you posted!
Wow What an exciting 30 days!
ReplyDeleteI am glad things are going so well for your family! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete