Monday, June 7, 2010

Merry Go Round of Doom

We enjoyed a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. My dad made it home for a few days and it was so nice to see him. Saturday I asked him if he would come help Jason put up a little sheet rock in the basement and he agreed to help. Apparently the two of them were enjoying themselves so much that they worked all day and got two bedrooms almost completely done. It's starting to really come together! Oh that reminds me I have pictures of it...I'll blog those later I guess. So Sunday my parents invited us and Lane & Serena's family for dinner. Delicious, mouth watering, grilled to perfection hamburgers. Oh soooo good! After we feasted we all went for a walk to the park to enjoy the relatively nice weather. The three older boys decided to let Lane give them a nice ride on the merry-go-round. Kaden and Jase were holding on good and tight, but poor Laney had a much more leisurely grip.
As Lane spun the kids faster and faster, Laney slid further and further off the merry-go-round.

He wasn't giving up just yet.

You know he's thinking, "Oh crap!"
Finally he succumbed to the forces of gravity and lost his grip just as he swung past Lane, who caught him by one leg and softened his fall....marginally. Actually he ended up doing a pretty solid belly flop on the gravel. Poor kid! He cried for a second, then bucked up and got back on. He was a bit unsure at first, but quickly secured his grip and enjoyed the rest of the evening spinning round and round.The two smaller boys eventually wanted their turn on the merry-go-round so Grandma Marley got on with them. I've got a pretty hilarious video of her ride, but in keeping my blog "G" rated I've opted not to post it, as it contains some adult language. Nice Grandma! You would think she would church it up a bit with the little ears around, but nope she dropped a few choice bombs. But holy crap it was hilarious! What a great weekend!

1 comment: