Monday, June 21, 2010

Ya'll Ready For Some Football?!

Those that know me know I'm not really a sports fan (apart from UFC, which I love!) and I don't follow the football at all. I don't have a favorite team, in fact I think I would be doing pretty good to name 5 professional teams in the NFL. I'm a little fuzzy on most of the rules and as far as the difference between a line backer and a defensive end, I've got no clue.
But Monday Night Football may soon become a common place occurrence in our home as Kaden and Jase both decided they wanted to try their hand at flag football this year. Football has suddenly invaded my life and become a sneaky focal point in my week. With 3 practices and 2 games a week, we are spending a good deal of time gathered around a field. But oh what fun we are having.
Kaden's first game was a few weeks ago. It's been a lot of fun to watch him get the feel of the game. I haven't quiet gaged whether he likes it or not. He definetly has some skill that's for certain, it's just applying that skill in a game setting we need to work on. Also Kaden is very high energy and football is more of a make a play and take a break kinda game. Regardless he seems to be enjoying himself, gaining experience and running off some energy!
Kaden usually ends up being the "snapper". Not sure that's a real term, but he's the little guy that snaps the ball, so logically "snapper" works as a job title.
My sweet little Jase....oh bless his little heart. You give that boy a game where there is the potential to plow someone over, throw an elbow and run from one end of the field to the next with breaks in between and my word you've given him an almost custom made sport. He is absolutely loving it!! He's played 2 games thus far and has scored 2 touchdowns in each game. As well as made multiple tackles. It's so fun to watch him, because he gets all business like.
Here is a series of shots from his first touch down run.
He really had that look of intense concentration.
He displayed some dang fine foot work as he evaded the other team!

He even pulled away from the kid that got a hold of his shirt tail and tried to drag him down. These fellas are going to have to do better than that to stop my boy!

After his touch down he didn't do a little victory dance or jump up and down, he just tossed the ball to his coach and looked around like, "What what?! Would you expect anything less?!" It totally cracks me up and makes me one proud momma when he shows his cool confidence.



What a fun summer this should be!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!! I look forward to more posts about your boys playing ball!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you mean your are not a sports fan, I heard you were the number one cheerleader back in your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh mercy Nichole!! I knew those days as a junior high cheerleader would come back to haunt me! Whatev, GO TEAM!(insert pom pom shake.)

    ReplyDelete