Saturday, June 26, 2010

Father's Day

We enjoyed a great Father's Day with Jason this year. Jason makes the family breakfast every Sunday morning, and as Father's Day falls on a Sunday I thought I ought not break with tradition. So he prepared us a wonderful waffle breakfast.
The boys helped me chose a few gifts for Jason this year and I had a lot of fun shopping with them. The card I found was hilarious. It said something to the effect of "For the Do-It-Yourself Dad" and inside was a band-aid. Jason cracked up, because in the last 3 months of finishing the basement he has broken his pinky finger, electrocuted himself, smashed his index finger between a 2X4 and some duct work, scratched his cornea and dislocated his shoulder. What a man!

About 2 months ago Jason and I decided to buy a new camera. Well it was more of I really really wanted a new camera before the baby is born and Jason surprised me by telling me we were going to "just look" and then buying the fancy one I wanted. Because the camera was pretty spendy I said it could count as our Mother's Day and Father's Day gifts.....and birthday and anniversary, and probably Christmas as well. But I don't think the camera counts as the gift from the boys, do you? I didn't think so. So they picked out a nice shirt, a tie, some vanilla Oreo's, and Biggie pack of gum. Perfect.
Although I know Jason would have been perfectly content with just having his 3 fantastic boys around him all day.

As long as they don't want his vanilla Oreo's. I know I know, vanilla Oreo's are practically a crime against nature, but since we had to completely change Jason's diet after he passed his 12th kidney stone, chocolate is out! I don't want to say he is demonstrating addictive behaviors with his vanilla Oreo's, because well I'm not the therapist in the family, but when he hides them, only eats them when no one is around and rations them out to himself just in case they are the last package on Earth.....I'm just sayin. If you'll notice the Oreo's he's sharing with Ethan are MY Oreo's and his are safe from little fingers.
Honestly sometimes I don't know who is worse to get to smile a "nice" smile in group shots, Jason or the kids. Hello Crazy Eyes. What a nerd.

Jason is such a tremendous father. Our boys simply adore him. He leads and guides our family with so much love that at times I stand in pure amazement at his talent, ability and desire to be a good father. M. Russell Ballard said, "You see, we’re all on a journey. Dads are a little further down the road, but none of us has yet arrived at our final destination. We are all in the process of becoming who we will one day be. Fathers and sons can play a critical role in helping each other become the best that they can be." I watch Jason with the boys daily and I can see how this is profoundly true. I've always said, Jason never looks better than when he is holding one of our sweet little boys. They certainly bring out the best in him and he ever encourages them to be the best they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment