Monday, June 14, 2010

A White Trash Farewell

Jason had a business trip to Boise 2 weeks ago, and I thought I may as well tag along. A few days before we left Jason asked me if it would be ok if we went to a farewell party for our friend Rusty, who is leaving Boise to come back to Pocatello. Rusty is such a lovely gal, I thought of course. Then Jason told me it was a themed party, and we had to dress up. Excellent! I love a costume party. He qualified his statement with, a White Trash themed party. Holy crap, how fun! I had a great time finding us outfits for this. I spent all of like 10 bucks for the 2 of us and we ended up looking pretty good.
When we arrived in Boise, Jason had to run some groups and see a few clients, so I went along with Rusty to get all the fixins for a real classy party. We hit up the Honk's $1 in Nampa (mercy this store was about as trashy as it gets! So fun.) We were able to find the perfect snacks for the evening. Don Pancho cheese puffs, Velvetta chili dip for the Fritos, Capri Suns, who knows what name they were vanilla sandwich cookies, and fake Cheez-its. For our main course we enjoyed corn dogs, burritos, and pork n' beans. What a smorgasbord!
Oh yes, what wonders a little Aqua Net, blue eye liner and scrunchies can do.

Rusty is always a good time. She filled water balloons, put them in the ends of a pair of tights and slung them over her neck to create a pretty nice rack. They even doubled as a table for her. She had some great "Skecher's" tennis shoes as well. The best part was when I realized the word Sketcher's wasn't spelled right. Seriously that's some funny stuff!

No white trash party is complete without a can being smashed on someones head. Done and done! Check out the look of intensity on her face.
We also had a bubble blowing contest. We were each given 2 pieces of Bubblicious gum. Contrary to what some may think, I have a pretty small mouth and 2 pieces of gum was way more than I could manage. All I ended up doing was drooling and getting a few pieces of hair stuck in my gum.
After our jaws had chewed as long as they could, we had to dispose of our gum. So why not have a gum hawking contest?! I dominated this event. I think my aqua heels helped me achieve just the right amount of arch I needed to win.
It's a time honored white trash tradition to have a panty flinging contest. And wouldn't you know it, Jason won! Not exactly sure how he became the Jedi Master of panty slinging.
Ah yes, this picture could have been taken at any county fair in Idaho. I'll give you all a break down on our outfits, because I know you're all dying to know. Jason's first. First we started with the multi functional cargo camouflage army pants. They really are appropriate for any occasion. And they looked great with his cowboy boots. Cowboy boots transition so nicely from work to party. I paired that with a very classy, "Free Gas" t-shirt and plaid jacket. I topped him off with a trucker hat. He looked good. For myself, nothing says classy lady like a tube top and in my signature color, red. Especially when you're 5 months pregnant. A cut off denim mini skirt is always fashionable, particularly when it's a Girbaud mini. Adding some lacey leggings and aqua heels added a bit of sass. I kept my accessories simple so as not to take away from my ensemble, but when you find glitter bangles at the Honk's $1 at a $16 value you don't ask, you just buy!
We had a wonderful time in Boise at Rusty's party and are looking forward to planning a similar party in Pocatello when she returns in July. The best part about the whole thing is that I always end up meeting Jason's co-workers at costume parties when I look ridiculous. I can only imagine what they may think of me. Whatev, we had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment