As I mentioned my dad was home for Memorial Day weekend and he helped Jason put up some dry wall in the basement. I could not believe how much they got done! My basement is starting to look like a real house!

They had a great system worked out that kept them both busy and moving all the times. It was no wonder so much got done.
A few weeks ago I surprised Jason with some new drills. I had planned on getting him an 18 volt drill, but when I got to the store they had a two pack. It came with an 18 volt drill, an impact driver and 2 ion-Lithium batteries that completely recharge in 15 minutes. Since I'm always a girl looking for a bargain, I got the 2 pack. Well that and I let the 3 different groups of contractors I bumped into at the Home Depot convince me that was what he "needed". Whatev, Jason was thrilled and has definitely gotten some good use out of both of them.
Working hard!
I thought this was so funny. They would hang the piece of sheet rock and THEN cut out the window. Jason used his fancy tool he got from his parent's for Christmas for this (you remember the tool he gave my dad a pedicure with). Apparently he had another attachment for cutting dry wall.
Having my dad's help was such a blessing that day. I think the two of them really enjoyed each other's company and were pretty impressed with how much they accomplished. The next weekend when Jason went down to work on the basement, he shrugged and said, "It's too bad your dad isn't here." Now that he's finally had some help down there his solo progress seems slow. But he's done a fantastic job and I'm so proud of everything he's done. All the framing and wiring he's done by himself. What a guy! We are hoping to have these two bedrooms completed by the end of July. Wish us (or should I say Jason) luck!
Lookin good:)
ReplyDelete