Friday, July 2, 2010

Boy Scouts

Last week Kaden went to his first Boy Scout Day Camp. The scout leader called to tell us about it the week before and she told us Kaden would need his little scout uniform. Kaden and I were both excited to go get all the things he would need. Because he is my son, we had to buy all the accessories too and one crisp Benjamin later we had one cute boy scout.
He had a great time at Day Camp and couldn't wait to get home to show me what he had purchased at the Trading Post. He was barely in the door when he pulled out a pocket knife. That's right, they sold a knife to my 8 year old. Mercy. He had to show me each and every tool that was on the knife and what it was for. He was so proud. All I could think was it shouldn't be long before we are getting stitches in the ER. OH and I had to lay down the law that under no circumstance is he allowed to take it to school. Yeah that would be less than super to get expelled in the 3rd grade for bringing your scout knife.
Now we have a month to pass off his little achievement thingies so he can earn his Wolf. Yeah, I've got no clue what all that means, but Eagle Scout Jason sure does. A few days ago Jason's mom pulled out all of Jason's old scout stuff. His fancy shirt with all the badges and all his little neckerchiefs and slides and pins and thingies. So stinking cute. Scouts should be an adventure for us, and with 4 boys I'm sure to be a pro before long!

2 comments:

  1. Your boys are just sooo dang handsome and AMAZING!! I love your family sooo much!!

    ReplyDelete