Saturday was truly a beautiful and sacred day for our family. Our oldest son Kaden made the choice to be baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. When Kaden was asked why he wanted to be baptized he responded with, "Because I want to grow closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus." Such a profound statement for someone so young.


Grandma and Grandpa Byrd got Kaden a special keepsake baptism book. It has a place for his thoughts about the day and places to put pictures and things. It will be so special for him to one day pull it out and remember. I know it was a unique moment when I found my journal I started on the day I was baptized when I was 9. This gift will certainly become a cherished blessing in years to come.
Jason and Kaden before the baptism. They are so handsome.
Victoria and Kaden.
Grandma and Grandpa Marley with Kaden.
The baptism program was incredible. The week leading up to this day felt a little like Thanksgiving dinner. I spent hours making sure everything was just right, from the special musical number, to speakers, to making a video montage of Kaden's life, to printing personalized programs with Kaden's picture and his testimony inside. All for a half an hour program. Kaden is more than worth all the effort, and the spirit that was felt in the meeting was as close to heaven as I've felt in a long time. Seeing my worthy husband lead my son into the water to make sacred holy covenants with our Heavenly Father filled my heart and soul with divine love. Following the baptism Jason confirmed Kaden a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and gave him the special gift of the Holy Ghost. This was something I know Kaden was looking forward to. Jason also pronounced many blessing upon Kaden which I know he will live worthy to receive. Kaden countenance shown with the Light of Christ and the spirit he carries with him is exceptional. The peacefulness he exuded the remainder of the day brought tears to my eyes and a reassuring knowledge that this truly is Christ only true church on the Earth today.
Following the meeting we had a luncheon in the church's gym. It was nice to visit with all those that came to support Kaden. Oh and to EAT!!! I wonder if Kaden knows that Uncle Lane has been perfecting that choke hold for years!!!
My brother Lane and his sweet little family, Serena, Laney & Ryan with Kaden.
Since my whole family made it we took the opportunity to get a family shot. I love those 5 handsome boys in the middle! They are one good lookin group!
Our dear friends Jen and Steve.
Jason always seems to think it's hilarious to take pictures of people while they are eating. Here are some of the best shots. That's Jason's sister Melissa with her mouth full of sandwich.
Nichole looks like she was really enjoying that piece of pineapple.
Oh Bret....so precious.
As a gift to Kaden, Jason and I bought him a new set of scriptures with his name embossed on the front. Kaden was very excited about the gift. He very carefully ran his finger over his name and gently felt the gold leafed pages. It was very sweet. He carried them around in the scripture case we got for him and showed every one. He couldn't wait for Sunday to take them to church too. I hope his desire to read and study them stays as rich as it was at the moment he first opened them.
Grandma and Grandpa Byrd with Kaden.
My beautiful eternal family.

Victoria and Kaden.
Grandma and Grandpa Marley with Kaden.Following the meeting we had a luncheon in the church's gym. It was nice to visit with all those that came to support Kaden. Oh and to EAT!!! I wonder if Kaden knows that Uncle Lane has been perfecting that choke hold for years!!!

Kaden's Testimony July 17, 2010
I have a testimony that the Church of Jesus of Christ of Latter Day Saints is true. I know Heavenly Father and Jesus are real. I know that someday Jesus will return to Earth. I know that when we pray Heavenly Father and Jesus hear and answer our prayers. I know the scriptures are true. I know Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that President Monson is our living prophet. I know my mom and dad love me and I’m thankful for my family. I know temples are places where we can be sealed with our families forever. I know that by being baptized I am growing closer to Heavenly Father and following Jesus’ example. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
I LOVE THIS POST!! Thank you for sharing such a GREAT and SACRED experience with us!! Love you and your family sooo much!!
ReplyDelete