Jason arranged his over night trip to Boise for work this month so it fell close to the boys' birthday. While Jason was in meetings I took the kids swimming, which was a blast. I don't have any pictures though, because I was too scared I would drop my fancy new camera in the pool. But the boys had fun doing belly flops and splashing me as many times as they could after I told them not to. Kids will be kids. When Jason was through with meetings on Wednesday we loaded up the boys and took them to Chucky Cheese. After all it is the place where a kid can be a kid. I'll say this for the experience, you pay for the environment certainly not for the food. Mercy! The things we won't do for our kids.
Thursday when Jason was done with his meetings we took the boys to the Boise Zoo. This never happens to us, but we actually were there on Family Day, so it was half price!
Ok so Jason thought this was hilarious. The dang bird is a Victorian Pigeon. Yeah Yeah the irony of this is not lost on me. Freakin nasty birds.
I'm trying to convince Ethan that he is a big boy (cuz well for a skinny little thing he sure gets heavy!) and that he can walk instead of being carried. He did pretty well, I was impressed.
It was a toasty warm afternoon and the boys enjoyed getting misted down. Truth be told I snuck into the mist a time or two myself. ;o)
I love this shot. Kaden and Jase were almost spellbound watching some monkeys play.

Flash forward 11 years when Jaser has his driver's license. Heaven help us!
Ethan loved all the big cats and called them all Copper, after our dog. What a sweetie.
I think this was about the time we were finishing our tour of the zoo.
Jason had to take a few shots of one of his favorite animals at the zoo, the (for lack of the scientific name) big turtles. Jason cracks me up, his 2 favorite things to see at any zoo are the big turtles and the sloths. Seriously....sloths?! Whatev.
When Jason found these turtle shells he insisted the boys crawl in them for a photo.
With one last picture on a gigantic komodo dragon we were done with the zoo. Don't they all look thrilled? Ok maybe less thrilled and more hot, sweaty, tired and over it. Despite their sad faces here they really enjoyed their birthday trip to Boise. 
Oh we had so much fun when we went to the Boise Zoo too, except I planned our trip knowing that Thursday was family day, and you just totally lucked out, that so wouldn't have been my luck! I do love that Jace is the right age for getting in that turtle, as opposed to Ryan who thinks he's still a kid!
ReplyDeleteOh what lucky boys to have such good parents to take them out to do fun things! You guys ROCK!
ReplyDelete