Monday, July 19, 2010

Birthday Part 710 Lagoon

I think I may actually be nearing the end of our birthday festivities.(If you haven't checked for a while there are like 5 other birthday posts, so take a look at all of them) The grand finale was taking the boys to Lagoon. They have never been and when we gave them the tickets they looked at us like.....what the crap is this? I knew once we got there they would be more excited though. And I was right. Kaden has only been on a few rides at the fair and Jase and Ethan have never been on any so we weren't certain how they would fair. We started them all out on the small rides in Kiddie Land.
This was the one and only ride Grandpa Marley made it on. The kiddie swings did him in for the rest of the day.

Ethan loves cars and when he found this ride he pretty much lived there. Seriously I think he rode it about 50 times.

Jason and Kaden were pretty much over Kiddie Land within an hour and headed over to the larger rides. Jase followed a short time later.
While Jason and Grandma took Kaden and Jase on the rides, Grandpa, Ethan and I had fun together. It was fun to spend time with Grandpa Marley, especially when he's more than willing to buy his youngest grandson and pregnant daughter every snack and goody we spotted. Love you Grandpa!
This was Jase's absolute favorite ride. He went on it over and over again. Every time he got off he had a huge smile on his face and ran back to get in line.
Ethan spotted the baby bumper cars and wanted to give them a try. However he didn't quite get the hang of it and ended up trapped against the wall. But he still had fun.
One of my Mom's favorite rides, The Tilt-O-Whirl. It was fun to see all 5 of them on together.

As I mentioned earlier, Jason and Kaden were done with the Kiddie Land after about an hour and were ready for some real rides. I wasn't sure it was such a good idea and tried to get Jason to take him on a few easier rides first, but Jason said, "Nope, we're heading for The Colossus." It's been over 11 years since Jason or I have been to Lagoon so starting with the Colossus sounded insane to me. Kaden loved it!! As soon as they jumped off it, they went for all the new big rides. The Wicked, The Wild Mouse, some other ride that dumps you straight down and sprays you with water. It was crazy. Of course all of these rides are back behind a lot of trees and I couldn't really get around to see him get on or anything. Then Jason took Kaden over to The Samurai. I watched them get in line and noticed pretty quickly that there were NO other little kids in line. I checked the height requirement and knew Kaden was not tall enough. I yelled to Jason to get out of line, but he said, "Oh he's fine, they'll give him a special seat." A special seat?! What the crap! If they had special seats there wouldn't be a height requirement. When they got to the front the guys said, "He's a little too short." To which Jason replied, "Ah he's fine, he'll hold on." And the dang guy just shrugged his shoulders and let him on. I think I about had a heart attack as I watched them strap my sweet little boy into what looked like an oversized carseat. I thought there's no way he's going to stay in that. And I knew once they made the first flip I was going to see Kaden fly out into the sky. Seriously, look how tiny he is that huge seat!
Flip after flip Kaden stayed in his seat. Thankfully! When they walked off the ride Kaden had a very distant look in his eye and I could tell his brain was a little scrambled. After that I said it was time to head home before Jason talked Kaden into doing The Catapult, which is exactly what it sounds like, a giant sling shot. No place for my little 8 year old boy!

Of course they persuaded me into staying for about another hour. We all got to ride the carousel. The only ride I was allowed on all day thanks to my baby bump. We had a great time together and are all looking forward to returning next year....baby bump free and with a babysitter for our new little man.

1 comment:

  1. my kids love lagoon, me not so much! we should all go next summer!

    ReplyDelete